Friday, January 15, 2010

Barbie Butt Crack

I am plagued with this desire to create a fitted barbie pant that does not show a huge butt crack when the doll sits down. As it is right now, not even Mattel has created such a thing. What is the use of snaps in the back if they just pop open when the doll sits down? That is far from modest and more than a little bit annoying... especially to my perfectionist and Barbie enthusiast 6-year-old daughter. So, here is my current progress in this experement. What do you think?



As for my Etsy site, it is starting to look like a real store now! There are 4 whole items for sale! Click on the links to the right if you are interested.
I tried sewing another jacket, this time with faux suede fabric, and the results have been truly satisfying. It is fully lined, and I even got the buttons to go on in exactly the same spot that the snaps are!
What do you think? Cute, huh?



Taking the pictures is almost as fun as making the clothes! Especially since I get to do it with my mom. My camera is still broken, so she helps me pose them, and lets me use her camera.
I think I am ready to take on another Barbie model. I will be "interviewing" for that position within the next few weeks. I would prefer another non-blonde. Perhaps we should become racially diversified.
What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Where have I been? Just say no to Barbie Butt Crack. Crack kills. This is awesome.

    ReplyDelete